Information We Collect
You may choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, or when you make a purchase on our site, via our social media pages or through one of our mobile applications. The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Personal or business contact information (such as name, address and email address, social media, name of your company or department, and your business function or title);
- Demographic information (such as age, gender, physical characteristics and skincare concerns);
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our sites;
- Information you provide by interacting with us through our sites, including by submitting questions, commenting on our forums and interacting with us through social media;
- Information provided through social media networks or one of our mobile applications when you visit our social media pages or use one of our mobile applications (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described on the social media network or application sign-up page, or your geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications);
- Contact information of individuals with whom you would like to share our content; Payment information (such as account or credit card number for processing through our third party payment processor); and
- other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
If you submit any personal information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the services (such as if you gift a subscription to another person), you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
When you visit our site, view or click on our online advertisements (including our advertisements on third party websites), visit our social media pages or download and use one of our mobile applications, we also collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. As set forth in more detail below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies. The information we may collect automatically includes:
- Usage information. Whenever you visit or interact with our sites, we, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how our sites are accessed and used ("Usage information"). Usage information may include browser type, device type, operating system, application version, the page served, the time, the preceding page views, and your use of features or applications on our sites, as well as search terms that visitors use to reach our sites. This information helps us keep our sites usable for our visitors and allows us to tailor content to a visitor's interests.
- Device Identifier. We automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier ("Device Identifier") for the Device (computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device) you use to access our sites. A Device Identifier is a number that is assigned to your Device when you access a website or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, administer our sites, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users' web page movements, help identify you and your interests, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- Cookies; Pixel Tags. The technologies used on our sites to collect Usage information, including Device Identifiers, include but are not limited to: cookies (data files placed on a Device when it is used to visit our sites), mobile analytics software and pixel tags (transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking beacon, placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed). Cookies may also be used to associate you with social networking sites like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter and, if you so choose, enable interaction between your activities on our sites and your activities on such social networking sites. We, or our partners, may place cookies or similar files on your Device for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation, to perform analytics, and personalize your experience while visiting our sites (such as allowing us to select which ads or offers are most likely to appeal to you, based on your interests, preferences, location or demographic information). A pixel tag may tell your browser to get content from another server.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect for a variety of business purposes such as to respond to your questions and requests for services; provide you with access to certain areas and features; purchase history; verify your identity; communicate with you about your account and activities on our sites, modify or change any of our policies; tailor content, advertisements, and offers we serve you; improve our sites; comply with contractual obligations; and for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your personal information or otherwise with your consent. We may also collect information for purposes such as:
- Communicate with you (including by phone or by email) about our products, services, offers, surveys, events and promotions, and oﬀer products and services we believe may be of interest to you;
- Create and manage your online account, including access to your online purchase history, assist with online selection and replenishment, process your payment card and/or gift card transactions;
- Publish your testimonials about drjess.com, including on our sites, forums, blogs, and social media assets (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will generally only include your name, title and company name);
- Follow up with individuals and companies with whom you have shared drjess.com!
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and lead generation strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read);
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors' use of our sites; and Protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions.
Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose personal information about you, except as described in this Policy. We may share non-personal information, such as aggregate data and Usage information with third parties. We may share the information we collect with our affiliated companies, business partners, ad network vendors and their participants, and other third parties for the purposes described in this Policy, including to communicate with you about products and services, offers, events and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also share the information with our service providers that perform services on our behalf. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform certain services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We also may share information about you with other third parties when we have given you an opportunity to opt out of such sharing and you do not opt out.
Your Privacy Rights, Choice and Access
We oﬀer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
You control the personal information that you provide to us on our sites, but some personal information is required by us in order for you to obtain services from us or for you to use our sites. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information on our sites, you may not be able to take advantage of some of the services we offer or use some functionality on our sites. Except as provided above, we will not share personal information collected on our sites with third parties without your consent. You may also direct us to stop sending you promotional emails by following the removal instructions in a communication you receive from us. Your opt-out request will be processed within a reasonable period of time following the date on which we receive it. We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., Social Security numbers, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics or other criminal background) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
If you wish to modify, verify, correct, or delete any of your personal information collected through our sites, you may edit your registered user information or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain personal information you have submitted through our sites. We are under no obligation to store such personal information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such personal information. It may not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons. We will retain your information (including geo-location data) for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your online account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services through the platform, please contact us at email@example.com We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We do not control certain privacy settings and preferences maintained by our social media partners. If you wish to make changes to those settings and preferences, you may do so by visiting the settings page of the appropriate social media site.
Our sites are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain their personal information without the parent/guardian's consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
This Policy may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reﬂect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on this site to notify you of any significant changes to our Policy and indicate at the bottom when it was most recently update